Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fieldwork @ Pasir Ris Park - Birds sighting

I'm writing a list of birds that I saw in case I forgot after a few days (I have VERY short term memory, that's why.)

Location: On a tree at the carpark (the one at entry from Elias Rd)
1: A particular species of woodpecker, though I do not know which one. Why do I think it is a woodpecker? 'Cause I saw one at the mangrove region where I also hear it's pecking.


Location: At the mangrove area, facing the sea.
2: Kingfisher, Collared kingfisher I think. Prof D said it was a white breast kingfisher. Collared and white breast, I supposed they are the same?

This was taken 12th Aug 2006, also at Pasir Ris Park. Hmmm, could they be the same bird? Can be possible, hor.

Location: Near the mangrove area, inland.
3: The ever common Oriole.

Location: Intertidal shore
4: Heron, has to be 'cause it's too big to be an erget. But I could not differentiate whether it's a Purple or Grey Heron.

No comments: