Monday, April 9, 2007

Reminiscing the nights...

at sungei buloh.
The night sky, filled with countless and countless of stars,
is really a magical sight to behold.
That is the magic of nature,
which is always full of wonderful surprises for us to discover.
Like little sparkling diamonds in the sky,
the glow from the stars ignites the heart of the lover of nature.
And at that instant, I was mesmerised.
It felt worthwhile to just live for the moment.

© Violia & Co. 2006

I miss the creatures of the night. The croc that lurked beneath the water, the nightjar resting on the mudflat, the bat that flew past me, the spider spinning its web, the shore pit and reticulated python that crossed our path, the toads and frogs croaking in the dark, plus the buzzing of some flying insects et ctera.

Not forgetting the ones that I went SBWR for - dog faced water snakes. Although puff faced are more beautiful in colouration and softer and smoother in touch, dog faced will always remain the dearest to me.

It was one hell of an experience, especially being chased by a feisty dog faced on the mudflat. But nobody believes us and they even thought it was comical. In retrospect, it was a rather interesting incident, one of a kind!

Well, I have had the most bizarre encounters at SBWR. Bizzare but fun! Hee. Thankfully I always walk away unscathed. Those events will be etched in my memories forever, I know.

I'll miss hunting under the starlit sky, and enjoying the solitude which I could hardly find in civilisation.

No comments: